Please try the
- Click the Refresh button, or try
- If you typed the page address in
the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled
- To check your connection settings,
click the Tools menu, and then
click Internet Options. On the
Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those
provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service
- See if your Internet connection
settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your
network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network
administrator has enabled this setting).
the Tools menu, and then click
Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Automatically detect settings, and
then click OK.
- Some sites require 128-bit
connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what
strength security you have installed.
- If you are trying to reach a secure
site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab,
scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0,
- Click the Back button to try another link.